Version date: July 20, 2017
Our users (“members”, “users”, “you”) share their personal information on our Platforms, therefore it is important to Aimee to help its members to retain their privacy when they take advantage of the Services we offer.
We believe your privacy is important to you and to us. So we will protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, we follow different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for user’s privacy and data protection.
- We will not sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We will use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information through the Platforms represents to us that he or she is 13 years or older. If we learn that personal information has been collected from a user under 13 years on or through our Platforms, then we shall have the discretion to close this user’s account and delete all the information pertaining thereto.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
You may review and update the information you provide to us at any time. To create an account you provide some or all of the following types of information (“Personal Information”) in order to register, access various content or features, submit photos and other content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Services:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services;
- Contact information, including your name, e-mail address, user name and password;
- Age, gender and other personal information required in order to identify each user;
- Device Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- Information collected by Cookies and other tracking technologies;
- Other information, such as school, city and country;
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features.
Some of the Services may allow our users to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections, and message boards. If you choose to participate in these public areas of the Services, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas is public. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas. Aimee shall not be liable for the information you submit in these open fields and public areas with respect to that information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use the information that you provide us to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Analyze use of the Services to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Services, and which websites they come from;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Aimee and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; and
- Or for any other purposes as shall be disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and subject to your consent;
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share information that is collected from you with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our educational mission, including usage of analytics, data processing, and account management. We may also disclose information if disclosure is required by applicable law, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process. We otherwise may share your information with your consent and/or in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business with or to another party.
Aimee has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
If applicable, we guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot ensure that information you share will not become publicly available through any third party’s circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures for which we cannot be held responsible.
If for some reason you believe Aimee has not adhered to these principles, please notify us by email at email@example.com, and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.